Belgian Women’s 2016 Cricket Season
The Belgian women’s development side has a very active season in 2016. We encourage all girls and women to participate in the training and matches.
There are two options for training:
– RBCC on Thursdays (18.30) and Sundays (10.00). Girl’s and women’s training is led by Fazil Mahmoud. Please contact Sara (LINK: firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
– Meise Wolverines on Thursdays (18.00). Youth training for boys and girls is led by Patrick Demaerschalk (LINK: email@example.com). Please contact Patrick for more information.
The development side will take part in the BCF U15 league this year. The fixtures are as follows:
– 23 April vs. RBCC Colts (at RBCC) – starting at 10.00
– 15 May vs. Antwerp Indians (at RBCC) – starting at 10.00
– 25 June vs. Antwerp Indians (at AICC) – starting at 10.00
– 3 July vs. RBCC Colts (at RBCC) – starting at 10.00
– 1 October vs. Antwerp (at Antwerp) – 2 matches starting at 10.00
As this is a development side, we encourage anyone to put their name down for the fixtures.
A national team will be chosen from this development side. The side will play a warm-up game against France (26 June), which will be in preparation for the European tournament in August.
The European tournament this year is being played in Denmark, from 3 – 7 August. Teams taking part are Denmark, Germany, Italy, Jersey, France, Belgium.
More information about women’s cricket can be found at https://www.cricket-belgium.com/belgium-ladies-cricket/ and https://www.cricket-belgium.com/blog/ (under “Ladies”). Or contact Nicky (LINK: firstname.lastname@example.org)